Status: Gathering Support
Average Time to Complete: 1:47- 1:50
Music: Kubbi - Firelight
Description of Map
Floating sky research facility that seems to pump out a dense acidic liquid.
Acidic Edge is, as stated above, is set on a floating island. Scattered around the map are lots of support boxes, as well as numerous crates and tall “Acid Storage Towers ™”, in addition to its flooded hole(?).
This is also the first map I made. I am willing to accept criticisms and improvements to my map as long as they’re reasonable.
Spawn is on the submerged tank. The acid is lava as to kill you quickly if you fall. First button is on wall.
Second button. Go through the supports. You can fall into the water and die.
Underwater section; swim through the supports. Entrance is behind them.
Under water section, after image above. 3rd button (which is a group button) on the right, swimming through boxes. Opens barrier on left.
Underwater section, above. Swim through the supports. Looks complicated from this view, kinda is when you go on. Button is located on top right after a few obstacles. Acid from below rises up. May die while waiting for the button to be pressed. let me know if this is the case; I cannot test this. Exit through the land hole in the left.
Last area of the map. Enter from the hole on the far right. Jump on the boxes and other things to reach the building.
View of the building from the rear. The two buttons are both group buttons. The button at the lava lowers the lava, having to revolve around the area. Opens small room with wall jumps to head to the last button. Then its as simple as heading towards the exit tank.
View of map at the last area. What the map image could be if i wish to make one.
Same image with the superior lighting technology, ShadowMap. Looks more clear and i would be more inclined to make this the map image.
Changed swimming section now has detail! Though it is mostly from above.
- Reduced part count [ 3886 > 3819 ].
- Added additional detail to the last area and removal of terrain near a storage tank.
- Minor changes to gameplay in the following areas:
- Spawn tower is now more open.
- First button swimming area.
- Third button exit area.
- Support swimming area (towards button).
- Modified decorative terrain and some of the other terrain.
- Part count reduced [ 3819 > 3785 ].
- The addition to a new type of object, the “Small Acid Storage Tank™”. Grants minor changes to the second button approach and third button area.
- Fixed a floating box.
- Added beams to the wall jump. A truss has been added in case you fall within the pool below the wall jump.
- Images now use compatibility lighting rather than voxel and are now at a higher quality level.
- Removed the sun.
- Revamped last area.
- Additional buttons [ 5 > 6 ]. The new button is a group button.
- Part count increased [ 3785 > 3934 ]
- Modifications to gameplay in button 3 approach.
- Alternative route in support swimming area.
- Last water changes to the EventString delayed [ 20 > 24 ] (to compensate for a longer map).
- Ambient is now less bright.
- Time changed from 17:00:00 > -08:57:16.
- Made changes to the starting area and entrance to swimming area.
- Details have been added to the swimming section (above) and last area.
- Adjusted map orientation to correct sun positioning.
- Fog now comes into the map.
What are your opinions on the latest update?
Reply with additional information on the update if you wish.
- Not much. You can consider this map to be finished since there’s nothing much I can do.
Note: I will be working on my new spooky map for halloween. Any ideas for this map that is suggested will be done at a later date. what you could do is give me a spooky song for that map lo-
What is your opinion on the decoration?
What is your opinion on the gameplay?
What is your opinion on the map as a whole (map quality or something like that)?