Quantcast

Chemical Plant

Building Status: Still tweaking/Adding new stuff

In all honesty this probz has 0 chance of actually getting in, but if nothing else it has been pretty helpful to helping me figure out how to work with roblox studio as my time spent on CP has been the only time I have spent working with roblox studio. More than likely going to scrap this project once I see I have nothing left to improve upon in favor of a new map idea that im far more positive will have a chance ^-^

Spoiler alert, this map still isn’t based off of Sonic, I litterally had no clue of the resemblance until Nennai pointed it out to me lul. Idea was based off of M&M’s the Lost Formulas

Maptest ID: 1117559473

Map Desc.
Large facility designed specifically to handle all sorts of dangerous liquids that unfortunately with time, neglect has left some things rather unstable. Now chemical leakage is everywhere and is soon to flood the entire facility to the brim. There seems to be a few buttons that might just help you flee before you end up bathing in corrosive liquids.

Some Screenies of what I got so far…

Spawnroom

1st room (Chemical production)

2nd room (The hallway)
cd007abe5d6e3ac2960604d7b18f42ca

3rd room (Chemical storage)

3rd room 4th and final button (Control room)

Update log
{Dec-11-2017}
Minor update, all that was really changed was
-Shrunk down the water by about 60 studs (Still tinkering, can probz reduce this further)
-Added a few more arrows (Likely a few more to come)
-Tweaked the water some more (Namely removed the lava entirely and made it so it starts as just water, turns into acid, and then starts climbing instead of how it originally was just acid that suddenly rose)
{Dec-13-2017}
Minor update aimed to help with lagggggggg
-Got rid of ~100 unwanted parts
-Shrunk down a lot of stuff to reduce instances by ~400
-Shrunk water a bit more
{Dec-15-2017}
Semi-Major update shooting to get rid of more of the round jumps
-Took out about 6-8 round jumps from the final room and replaced with path
-A little more shrinking of bits and part deleting to reduce lag where possible
-Changed a bit of coloration here and there
{Dec-17-2017}
Another minor update
-Removed even more round jumps from the 1st room
-Added some variation to the colors the remaining round jumps have

4 Likes

I am fully aware that CP should be classified more towards Normal in its current state, hoping to keep changing that and hopefully I can come up with some creative bits that help nudge it towards Easy without taking too much away from the overall map’s gameplay ^-^

1 Like

when I played it it was laggy

1 Like

Noticed that with other people too, might have something to do with how I set up the water, but I wouldn’t really know since I run a higher end RAM so it doesn’t affect me like it does others. I’ll try to look into it dw ^-^

1 Like

yeaaa, it’s best if it’s a normal map unless you change the speed of the flood.
The map is also very confusing for newbies.

Finished testing. It’s a 7/10.
If the mode is changed, i can change the rating because this is not an easy map.

Good job on the design, very original!

1 Like

make sure the roof of the spawn is the minimum height which I believe is 40 studs

2 Likes

Thx, been trying to keep in mind stuff to make the level more noob friendly but i’ve been needing the little nudges like these since playing it for so long running through the insanes left and right kinda makes you lose sight of what should be considered easy and what I consider easy [quote=“RageYT, post:5, topic:883, full:true”]
yeaaa, it’s best if it’s a normal map unless you change the speed of the flood.
The map is also very confusing for newbies.

Finished testing. It’s a 7/10.
If the mode is changed, i can change the rating because this is not an easy map.

Good job on the design, very original!
[/quote]

1 Like

your last screenie has a screen which says “Chemicals Plant”, but isn’t ur map supposed to be Chemical Plant?

1 Like

In all honesty I just did that to make the sign symmetrical as possible, which I could probz do even without the addition of the S, so I basically did it to make things easier to line up lul. Making this map has been my 1st time even using studio so i’ve been getting plenty better, I’ll add that to my to-do list ^-^

1 Like

Things I got in mind for future updates
-Removing more of the repetitive platforms in favor of more flatspace like that I added in the 1st room
-More visual components, plenty of spots in the map still feel pretty bare imo, gonna have to start learning textures hopefully so I can minimize the part count (~1750 atm)
-More water tweaks, want it to still be fair while still flooding the entire map before the time limit autokills (Had some issues with that in the past already with my map going over the 120sec limit and players couldn’t make it to the end before being killed, hoping to fix that)
-Finding more ways to remove unwanted parts/reducing the size of certain parts to help further reduce lag
Hoping I can get some of these things out of the way soon :tm: :3

2 Likes

Most likely getting wrapped up with the actual structure of the map now, still a few tweaks to go and all it will need is some more visual interest and it should be all good to go :3

1 Like

In all honesty, I really like the design for your first map, really professional, however, add some texture to the walls and have more cosmetic details!

2 Likes

Hoping with school ending soon I’ll have the time to look into some different textures for stuff like that since I easily overuse concrete, neon, and diamond plate (I mean they are like legit the only 3 I use in the whole map), and hoping to make a lot more progress on the map overall ^-^

2 Likes

Im more than likely going to discontinue this map as most of my focus has shifted to my 2nd map. Chemical Plant has been a good deal of practice for me as I was able to learn a pretty good deal from it as its creation has been my first and only time using studio, but in all honesty i’ve run dry on pretty much any update that would directly affect gameplay, just more aesthetic work that is not a necessity

2 Likes

Revive this topic?

The last reply to this topic was over 1 year ago . Your reply will bump the topic to the top of its list and notify anyone previously involved in the conversation.

Are you sure you want to continue this old conversation?

1 Like

########## k

The detail is not that bad but it’s confusing. If i can recamp this it would look better. Btw decrease the light it’s too bright

2 Likes

oh hey I remember this from Occida’s map review

2 Likes

posta la reviva

2 Likes

Yes

1 Like