FE2 2017 Development Post or whatever

Hello, it’s me, the person that no one cares about.

Welcome to some post where I post some bugs or progress on this FE2 Remake

FE2 Map Test 2018 Remake [Solo version]: Game Link
A multiplayer version will come soon, also since crazy said to not monetize the game (such as paid stuff like buy coins or vip servers)
It’s gonna be free. (but do not please make this more popular than the actual map test game)

Please note: That most of the maps in this game are mine, because I don’t want to steal other people’s maps without permission, so thats why my maps are the only maps playable (including remakes)

Also me and some other map remakers (which I asked in another post) wanted to help along remake all the maps in FE2.

So all game credits goes to crazyblox and other map creators who got their map in the game. (its because we are remaking them)

Now this is supposed to be an accurate FE2 November 2017 remake. But there are some bugs that need to be fixed.

• Beating an insane map causes the game to completely break, and won’t load another map in (because I attempted to remove crazy difficulty and other stuff that fan game copy had)

• Menu Icon Background disappear after being clicked.

• Ui seems to be a little stretched

Now here is some stuff and bugs with map test 2018 remake:

• Map Test ui doesnt work at all (remove or add maps dont work, whitelisting maps dont work at all, etc)

And yeah that’s basically it. If you would like to suggest some stuff or whatever, you can to help make this remake more accurate. I’m not an expert scripter but I can find bugs with the output panel anyways.

also I don’t feel like getting temporary maps into the game because I don’t want to take people’s models. So maybe ill leave my maps the only ones playable anyways. Whitelisting however, since the game is owned by my alt, whitelisting maps for me won’t work the same way on how crazyblox does it. So idk about that. So uhh yeah. This is a remake ok. No bad fan-game stuff included in this remake, none of that. Just a FE2 Remake that anyone can join in. Which is still wip anyway.

6 Likes

Oh cool the game has 420 visits.

sadly map test 2018 has 67 visits. Would’ve been an epic gamer moment

3 Likes

This is what I mean lol.

Also there might be stolen maps in the game so please don’t hate me ok. The fan game copy contained it. It will be removed soon

4 Likes

Looks neat so far.

Just how it oringinal was, keep it up! :+1:

2 Likes

oh this
that’s cool

2 Likes

it really looks like the old one

2 Likes

Got the ui from browsing this Fe2 copy I found. It does uses Fe2 assets anyway, but I’ll not use them for bad thing anyway like bad fangames or stealing maps.

But the ui is really broken. And I don’t think i can fix it

3 Likes

oh i hope you can fix it

I have the copy of a file containing Fe2 assets (which was get rid of liquid obvoiusly, so I had to edit the assets because it contains fan game stuff.)

but I don’t have a copy of FE2 map test assets. which will make map testing tough to make.

1 Like

ok ___

aight bm remaker here
here’s some advice to how to overcome these obstacles

fe2 2017 rem

• In most FE2 clones, Crazy difficulty is recognized as 4. Remove all mentions of said difficulty and rework the difficulty mechanism.

• On CL_Main_GameScript (I believe on the changeMenu() function), one line changes the ImageRectOffset of the menu icons. Change them up a bit.

• This is most noticeable on the close buttons. Create 2 ImageLabels with the same image, change the ImageRectSize’s Y setting to half of the original image’s size on the left image and resize the UI element’s Y dimension to {0.5, 0}. On the next one, do the same but use ImageRectOffset since it has to connect with the left one and set the reposition its Y dimension to {0.5, 0}.

• (bonus) wrong close button color

fe2 mt 2017 rem: (wait i never actually worked on an fe2 map test thingy before i am not prepared)

(warning: i am trash at naming stuff)

• For some reason, the button (inf air) invokes a RemoteFunction (i think? prob event) to the server. There was no programming involved in the main server script. If an OnServerFunction (OnServerEvent?) line is found utilizing the intended instance, rewrite most of the function in its upper few lines. Adding a map involves the InsertService. Rewrite most of the fumction. Whitelisting is most likely kept on a Data Store. Create a table using (name of table or whatever) = {}. (KEEP THE TABLE BLANK!) Rewrite most of the function.

ok maybe i should’ve joined the project instead of writing a speech that would most likely overwhelm someone

I may be wrong. Hey, I’m not on computer. I can’t be right when it comes to these long messages.

3 Likes

About that. I can never find the true color of it anywhere.[quote=“R2OTR20XX, post:11, topic:29393”]
Crazy difficulty is recognized as 4
[/quote]

Isn’t that what number is insane supposed to be on. Well this remake already has Crazy difficulty as 5. But tried removing. I’ll probably remove everything that references it.

About the FE2 2018 Map Test Remake:
Umm, by default like what map test does. When you first join, there is always the specific map kit provided by the game, which is the right map kit you are supposed to use to make a map. Well I believe the default difficulty is set to Normal obviously. But when I leave map making kit as the only map, the lift just breaks. As it was trying to look for a easy map when it’s supposed to load up and find a normal map. Idk these scripts are confusing me. The only way I find errors is the output panel.

You can join if you want to. Its basically your choice.

I am Really looking forward on fixing the game itself and getting the maps to get remade (which will take a while obviously)

The numbers I mentioned were relative to a number called CurDif. It is offset from the difficulty numbers used in the Difficulty value on a map’s Settings by -1. 5 was actually a custom difficulty made by someone else called “Quarrow.”

There was another uncopylocked FE2 I found while searching on Google, containing a Close button with the true color of the image. It is invisible as it was replaced with regular buttons. Also it was actually the one I used to make Retro Escape 2 back in my hayday.

fe2 map test:

the curdif at the early lines of the script is set to 0 (Easy).
also, write a few lines that automatically raises the difficulty if said difficulty contains no maps. when it reaches the cap (intended is 3, or Insane) and still contains no maps, it instead subtracts the difficulty. during the re-configuring thingy, if it finds a difficulty with a map on it, it automatically breaks and sets the CurDif value to that difficulty.

:newspaper: Update Log 10/19/2020:

Additions :heavy_plus_sign:

• Added camera manipulation to Old Cave System Remake
  • Added After The Glorious Remake (WIP)

Fixes :hammer_and_wrench:

• Fixed Menu Icons disappearing after being clicked
  • When beating a map, The difficulty color on the map info screen in the lobby, should now work correctly. (This fix doesnt apply when you lock the lift)
  • The lock number should work correctly (use to be when its like on 1 lock left, it load up a hard map)

Changes :wrench:

• Changed some stretched menu buttons

Future Updates:

• Fix the leveling system (it works, but level number above the player doesnt change at all)
  • Remove Crazy Difficulty Entirely
  • Old Shop
  • Remove Temporary maps and replace them with FE2 maps (most of them arent even done)
  • Old Camera Behavior :thinking:
  • Emotes (maybe)
  • Walk Animations
4 Likes

:newspaper: Update Log 10/20/2020:

Additions :heavy_plus_sign:

• Old Shop
  • T-Pose Emote (legit the easiest emote to make)

Fixes :hammer_and_wrench:

• Fixed most bugs.
  • Level number above player should now stay the same amount as shown on the hud.

Changes :wrench:

• None

Also I’m gonna take a break developing this since it is taking alot of time. Also closing FE2 Map Test 2018 because it currently doesnt function at all. But it will be back open with a working whitelisting system, and how map test in 2018 should be. Will be open once it works.

2 Likes

Also as for the next update. Will be a major one.

Will be released once 3 easy maps (lost woods, castle tides, and Axiom) get fully remade.

Also working on the shop anyways.

Basically if I get most of the core stuff finished for the game. I can go ahead and do map test. And attempt to script the whitelisting. Crazy probably used insert service. But idk how whitelisting maps and the queue will work. Hmm. We’ll see I guess.