FE2 Agility Update needs to be reverted

Ziplines and Sliding are the worst features to be added into the game, they seem like nice mechanics, but they are implemented poorly into the current game. The maps being updated to fit these new mechanics is a poor design choice, these maps were not made with these mechanics in mind, and result in poor gameplay.

Poor implementation of Sliding can be seen in maps like Poisonous Chasm, after the section of the first button, and mid-platform in maps like Wild Savannah seems very unnecessary. These mostly make the gameplay experience sluggish rather than more interesting or fun.

Ziplines also suffer similar problems, the one in Snowy Peaks is one of the worst implementations of it, as it only makes simple maps overly complicated. Another example of this is seen with Fallen, where the zipline takes you to the actual beginning of the map after 5 seconds or so of riding it.

A good solution would be to revert the current maps to pre-update and instead opt to make new maps that are intended with these features in mind. Fixing up these mechanics may be needed as well, making sliding faster, and switching between ziplines seem like cool additions.

Both of these mechanics are pretty decent, they just aren’t meant for these maps, and need a bit of updating to make more enjoyable. At the given moment, they just feel like random things shoved into fully working maps. I personally enjoyed taking as little time to finish a map, taking as many shortcuts available, and these new mechanics take away a lot of that and limit the freedom you previously had in these maps.

EDIT: This was simply my take on the Agility Update. I saw that FE2 has been updated with changes removing various sliding that hindered gameplay and tweaked a bit of the mechanics to improve how they fit in the map. However, my opinion hasn’t changed much. Sliding and Ziplines are added in a very unnecessary format and don’t really work well since the maps weren’t designed with the mechanics in mind to begin with.

7 Likes

23 Likes

cry-about-it-cry

1 Like

Ziplines Is A Good Mechanic
And You Right, Slide Is A Bad Feature

1 Like

The FE2 Agility update will NOT be reverted. Yesterday FE2 was updated and Crazyblox changed things that the community SAID should be changed, example removing Poisonous Chasms 2nd slide along with other tweaks in different maps. But overtime tweaks and changes are made to better fit the game.

16 Likes

cry-about-it-cry

1 Like

No one else gave you a proper welcome, so I will.

Hello, welcome to the forums!

2 Likes

Should be tweaked some but definately not reverted

1 Like

have you not been catching up with recent tweets? Crazy did not have enough time to implement the features correctly and the community was getting impatient, so he did the best he could to make them fit. He updated a lot of the maps today, making slide parts transparent and better in terms of gameplay. while it was a small issue a couple days ago, it has been resolved.

3 Likes

Youre only here to complain about the agility update?

Pathetic

5 Likes

cry-about-it-cry

Fabric Thrill has no slides or ziplines so you can play that. :smirk:

12 Likes

cry-about-it-cry

But fr i think its a nice update, as little parkour games (especially a flood game) dosnt have these features : /

5 Likes

cry-about-it-cry
gang

cry about it gang

son get off the forums it’s dinner time

also
cry-about-it-cry

1 Like

cry-about-it-cry

cry about chain

So you’re saying they’re supposed to make whole new maps for a update that took forever just because you cant deal with a few slides and ziplines?

cry-about-it-cry

1 Like

Cry about it

1 Like

cry-about-it-cry