Quantcast

[ Guide ] - How to create a Wooden Crate / Box | ⭐

Here I am again, today I will be showing you how to create a Wooden Crate. Crates are one of the easiest things to build if you know what you are doing, and it helps a ton with creating maps for Flood Escape 2.

Start off by creating a 5x5x5 part, you can pick every color you want. But im going with a classic wooden crate.

Create ‘‘Outlines’’ by copying the Part, giving it a lighter color than the base, and resizing it on top, make sure the outlines are sized and moved in a way that does not screw up the crate.

Copy the outline and move it down, make sure to check if you placed it correctly, a tiny mistake can ruin the lock of your crate.

Do the same thing as Step 2, but do it on the sides.

Copy the outlines and move it to the other side, make sure that the outline is placed correctly.

You can already finish this guide with a normal crate, but there is more. Add some rotated planks shown here. Make sure the planks are designed to always ‘‘Connect’’ with the outlines,

MAJOR TIP : GROUP YOUR CRATES AND GIVE IT A NAME, THIS WILL HELP YOU TO SELECT IT LATER.

And you are done, have fun spamming this crate you just made all over your maps, you do not need the same colors as I did, do any color you want if it fits your map, and into Flood Escape 2 as well.

TIPS

• Wood grain exists.
  • Check if your crate has any errors, like a part going slightly offset.
  • Give your crates their own color (almost) every time you copy and paste it around.

- FallenAGK
downloads

Has this guide helped you to create better maps?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

How much would you rate this guide?

0 voters

1 Like

Ik how to make creates now

after 39380928981 years

1 Like

tbh the box looks like something boomblox would build
are you boomblox xd

2 Likes

he is if you go on profile but lets not get to that rn

3 Likes

Yes, it would help the new map makers but for me, this crates/boxes design is kinda generic, I need something that more advance tips about making the unique crates/boxes design. This one seems to be not that helpful for me but atleast it would help some of the new map makers.

2 Likes

Protip:

Get the ‘Material Flip’ plugin, so that if this happens (the texture goes against the flow of the part):

you can just flip it around.

Decent tutorial, didn’t find it useful myself but others who are newer to building will find this useful.

4 Likes