Quantcast

[ Guide ] - How to Create Terrain / Nature Style | ⭐

Lets guess. you came here because you wanted to create Terrain shaped maps for a better chance on getting your map added to the main game. Or do you want to have the same building styles such as GustForce and BoomBlox555?

Well, you came to the right place, :+1: here are some tips to improve creating those kinds of maps.

Reminder : Make sure to have a 1 stud grid for (most) of your building if you want to create something like this, Crazyblox also uses it in his maps.

First of all, you begin with a Wedge, this is the baseline for all your terrain builds. Everyone will use the wedge to improve their maps, the Wedge is powerful if you know what you are doing.

To really improve detail in a really simple way, you add a slightly darker stripe to your wedge. It really improves builds.

DO NOT USE SATURATED COLORS. OR COLORS THAT DOES NOT FIT WITH THE THEME.

This is a good example of using colors, nothing hurts the eye. And it is way easier to look at.

If you don’t feel like your build is good, you can add another stripe.

Copy and resize the group of wedges you just created to build a terrain like shape, make sure that it feels good to look at.

DO NOT CREATE SHARP CORNERS SHOWN HERE, THEY LOOK UGLY.

Add a part, give it the same color as the grass, and resize it however you like.

Adding grass blades really improves your style, make sure to resize some of them to be smaller or slightly bigger, make sure you can walk through them. Give them the same color as the grass or make them darker.

Make sure to add extra detail to the terrain shape you just created, by adding slightly darker grass and moving it down just a little, make sure the stripes stay.

You can’t really see them well, but adding 4 corners and rotating them can add more detail to your build. It really helps,

Add some trees by seaching up Cone meshes in your toolbox, inserting it in the Workspace. and making it tree-shaped,

Add some crates to create more detail. (if you really want to)

If you want to have the very same building style as someone like BoomBlox555, add even more stripes,

MAKE SURE THAT THE REPEATING STRIPES ARE TEXTURES, PUT THE TEXTURE ON ALL SIDES. MAKE SURE IT BLENDS IN WITH THE TERRAIN.

And you are finished, I hope you enjoyed this guide that I have created just for you guys, using building plugins such as F3X can make your workflow faster, along with creating more detailed maps.

I got tired of all the neon-facility maps seen here, so please use this guide to create better maps. There are very low amounts of maps that are getting added to Flood Escape 2, so please use effort! :+1:

- FallenAGK

downloads

Has this guide helped you to create better maps?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

How much would you rate this guide?

0 voters

TIPS

• Do not use unions for your terrain, it will mess up the hitbox of the object, plus it just looks ugly in general.
  • Make sure the colors in your terrain are decent, do not use any really bright colors
  • Meshparts are a good way to improve your builds, not just in terrain, but every build.
  • Look at all he maps that have been added to FE2 and compare your map to see if it fits into the game.
  • Know what you are doing in Roblox Studio.

Example of the BoomBlox Style: www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NtWzFkKDTw

7 Likes

How do you make stripes?

By finding it via the toolbox, atleast if you were talking about the BoomBlox-Styled stripes, you create a texture for it and resize it until it fits perfectly.

For normal stripes, just resize and make it darker.

1 Like

You. Legend.

2 Likes

I knew it.

I wanted to ping you lol but i said no

1 Like

I got better at building nature maps (Thanks @SOLARIS btw lol) but this seems more helpful :thinking:

1 Like

It’s better so say that
You should use 1 stud or higher increment for structures/layout
0.5 for the big details, boxes and object placements
0.25; 0.125 for smaller details can be located in objects
0.05 for something you make which is verii small like pebbles or grass, flowers (can’t go with 0.125)
0.025 (can go with all above increment)
That’s the increment I manually use lol

2 Likes

ResizeAllign, GapFill and Triangle studio exists. These save time and make the terrain way better.Yet thanks for this tutorial.

4 Likes
5 Likes

That is so good

Hold on.

Isn’t this the creator of axiom. :open_mouth:
3 Likes

No idea.

ninja post : @Astro btw sorry about that death threat whoops

What I did with this useful post:
RobloxScreenShot20191012_130808828

(full view)

Well THAT is quite good.

2 Likes

Pretty cool!

1 Like

its not decent but please do not use unions because that will mess up the hitbox.

lol i wont
btw ur saying it’s not good? lol

It looks smol

This terrain style is really nice!