Intro room and before the tower room:
- You can hit your head on the torches, which doesn’t really feel right
- Try making the lava transparent so players can see where to go down more easily
- Also try adding a way to prevent other players from camping the entrance to the tower room, and instead have them racing to the 3rd button.
- Some of the buttons don’t seem necessary to improve gameplay, some of them activate platforms that are right next to them that don’t really need a button in the first place.
After the tower room:
- You can hit your head on the stalactites, even though they’re hard to see. Try replacing them with a clearer barrier like a pillar going all the way up and down.
- The gameplay becomes a lot less fun in this room, and it’s also too simple. Maybe add some more verticality and more jumps.
- I feel like the map ends too early. I like maps around Blue Moon length, being about 1:45 seconds long.
- This map looks really good, it’s got the right amount of detail.
- The lava speed and gameplay of the first and tower sections are spot on, as well as having a unique layout that has that innovative Crazyblox feel to it.
This map begins with spot on quality, having good detail, fun gameplay, and sweat producing difficulty. Sadly, after the tower section, the map seems to get worse, and feels generic by the end. The other bad thing is that it’s too visually similar to Cave System. If it had just one thing to set it apart, it could fit well into FE2. I really like this map, but it just can’t quite reach that amazing mark. I have hope that with some aesthetic changes and a major upgrade of the rooms after the tower, this very well could be a good contender for the next crazy map.
4.5 / 5 for the first half, 3 / 5 for after the tower.