Quantcast

I found a way to bypass the time limit

I won’t go into much detail about how I’ve done it, as it’s like midnight and I’m tired, but it involves changing the parent of the humanoid without killing the player.

Scroll down to the comments, mostly Kriscross’s comment, as it’s the best way to do this bypass.

10 Likes

1 Like

There is some glitches, like when all players have survived the map doesn’t change and you have to reset in order to do a new map or replay the map.

1 Like

you beat map making kit?
impossible perhaps the archives aren’t complete

2 Likes

EN2eSoFX4AEtg_Y

3 Likes

Yo bet the mapa kit??

editing!!!

my layout will be 2:03 seconds D:

Alright, I’m awake. So here’s the code and an explanation.

local Lib = workspace.Multiplayer.GetMapVals:Invoke() --Has: Map, Script, Button, btnFuncs
Lib.Button:connect(function(p, bNo) if Lib.btnFuncs[bNo] then Lib.btnFuncs[bNo](bNo, p) end 
end)

function onTouched(part)
        local h = part.Parent
        wait(118)
        local left = h.Humanoid

local cl = left:Clone()
        cl.Parent = h.Head
        wait(0.01)
        left.Parent = nil 
        wait(0.5)
        left.Health = 100
        left.Parent = h
        cl.Parent = nil

end

script.Parent.Hitbox.Touched:connect(onTouched)

So what happens is the humanoid is cloned and moved into the head, and the original humanoid has it’s parent set to nil. This causes the player to be dead and alive, like that cat. They can’t move and their hats fall off, so that’s a problem. We wait until the script of the time limit runs, but the script can’t find the original humanoid, so it kills the clone, which doesn’t do anything.

After the script, we set the original humanoid’s parent to the model, and set the clone’s parent to nil. This makes the player alive again. You have now bypassed the time limit.

It is a stupid way though, as I said the player can’t move without a humanoid, so my fix would be a room where the player would enter, and then the bypass happens, and then you continue the map.

Have fun with it! You might need to tweak the code a bit, as well.

Here’s what happens in game.

5 Likes

Oh and if you have the bypass go on for too long, you get kicked. So don’t do that.

Also here’s a demonstration map.
‘1470636014’

owo nice

3 Likes

Well, time to make Rainbow Sanctuary 7 minutes long and take up its entire song.

3 Likes

Almost forgot to mention, you need a brick named ‘Hitbox’ covering the entire start so the players hit it as soon as they load in.

Last thing before I leave this alone for a bit, I have no idea if this works in multiplayer.

1 Like

Nice find! In #Creativity (fe2 discord) there is a pinned message with another method as well (by ب⸻Pokémon⸻Digimon⸻)Umbreonͬͬͬ))

1 Like

You don’t need to do that, you can do this:

for _,plr in pairs(game.Players:GetPlayers()) do
    coroutine.resume(coroutine.create(function()
        local char = plr.Character
        wait(118)
        local human = char.Humanoid   
        local clone = human:Clone()
        clone.Parent = char.Head
        wait()
        human.Parent = nil 
        wait(0.5)
        human.Health = 100
        human.Parent = char
        clone.Parent = nil
    end))
end
5 Likes

This is sick, potentially will be well used for layouts and story levels soon. Hopefully Crazyblox doesn’t patch this.

2 Likes

big epic. don’t know what map i could use for it but maybe i’ll use it for something in the future. but this is pretty ngl

2 Likes

Use it for a map called subway surfers roblox edition

what? no

2 Likes

I tested the other way you said, but I either did it wrong, or that doesn’t work. I think it’s me being wrong.

now that’s neat

1 Like