Quantcast

I need a scripter

Hi i need a scripter for my map only acid and lava and wall jumps

1 Like

It’s better if you can script it yourself, we can teach you.

1 Like

I am not a scripter. I’m an OK builder, but I only know ur standard fe2 scripts and stuff. Lol I need teaching too

1 Like

So, what do you want to know?

I don’t even know where to start

1 Like

Basic scripting?

LOL

1 Like

U don’t have to waste ur time explaining it to me unless u want too. It’s probably better if I just go on YouTube and figure it out lol

1 Like

The tutorials are kinda outdated from the ones I’ve seen lol, I’ll teach about EventScript since I forgot about EventString.

Tell me what you want to know.

I know the fe2 stuff, it’s more button functs, doors, lights sounds and other detailing stuff that I want to know

1 Like

So I suppose you already know about “script.Parent” right? If you do, it’ll make my job easier.

Button functs and water I could probably teach myself, but for example an alarm that goes off during the map that doesn’t activate because of a button

1 Like

Yes I do… kinda

1 Like

I might be able to explain that the parent is the part and a child is an insert ex. Smoke or a particle emitter

1 Like

So to make a sound plays when a button is pressed, there’s two ways to do it.

The first way is insert a “sound” then name it “_Sound[buttonNum]”, you can make it delayed too by using “_Delay”.

The second way is by scripting.

--The setup
local mapScript = require(game.ServerScriptService.MapScript)
local BtnPress = game.ServerStorage.Bindables.BtnPress

local btnFuncs = {} 

BtnPress.Event:connect(function(plr, btnNo)
    if btnFuncs[btnNo] then
        btnFuncs[btnNo](btnNo, plr)
    end
end)

btnFuncs[buttonNum] = function()
    [soundAddress]:Play() --examples of [soundAddress]: script.Parent.Sound, script.Parent.SoundsFolder.MetalHit1
end

To delay use “wait()” eg.

btnFuncs[buttonNum] = function()
    wait(2) --waits 2 seconds
    [soundAddress]:Play()
end

Yes, this makes sense to me. I’m more asking about sounds that don’t allways play but don’t start/stop playing because of a button

1 Like

Can you specify it better? I can’t quite understand your wording.

From what I’ve trying to crack your sentences, is that you’re trying to make the sound stop.
It’s easy, use the same method I’ve explained but it’s only doable through scripting.

[soundAddress]:Stop()

There are also extra functions,

[soundAddress]:Pause() --literally pause the sound
[soundAddress]:Resume() --resume the sound

The difference between Play and Resume is, Play will restart the audio while the Resume, as its name suggests, resumes the audio. (Unless you used Stop)

Another note is that Resume can be used as Play too unless you’re restarting the audio.

Wow. lol that helped a lot thanks, definitely going to use this on my next map, but first, off to learn up-to-date basic scripting

1 Like

Ok thanks!

1 Like

So about you, @TIDETER, please specify which you’ll use: EventString or EventScript