Quantcast

Map creation help

Make sure to read the post before commenting, as I’d like to hear some specific information only.

Hey guys,

I have a great idea for a map and I will probably make a map again. I’ve really missed making FE2 maps but I just didn’t have any inspiration for a long time and I’d love to get back to one of my favourite hobbies. Keep in mind that this is not 100% confirmed though.

If I were to make a map, any tips/suggestions/recommendations on what I should do or keep in mind with making a hard map? It can be about water/acid/lava speed, difficulty for jumps etc etc. You can also do this for map detailing, gameplay and so on. I’d love to hear how I could make a better map now that I’ve got some experience myself after creating Candyland. Make sure that it is actually useful, because I want to actually try making a legit FE2 map submission that could possibly be added into the game this time.

I hope you’re excited for a new map coming if confirmed.

~TimmieTRM

ps dont make fun of me if i dont understand i still need to catch up again

6 Likes
  1. Think for a idea of what a map should be. It’s important to think of what title can come creative of it.
  2. Sketch for what the map would look like.
    Example:
  3. Copy what’s on the sketch and build it. Add details to the map like making your own grass. If you want to make rocks, you could do it by using blender.org. Make any jumps 4 studs or about 2 studs.
  4. Script the map like:

local Lib = workspace.Multiplayer.GetMapVals:Invoke() --Has: Map, Script, Button, btnFuncs
Lib.Button:connect(function(p, bNo) if Lib.btnFuncs[bNo] then Lib.btnFuncs[bNo](bNo, p) end end)

local btnFuncs = { }

Lib.btnFuncs [2] = function ()
Lib.Script.setWaterState(Lib.Map._Water2, “acid”)
end

wait(18)
Lib.Script.moveWater(Lib.Map._Water1, Vector3.new(0, 30, 0), 14, true)

wait(8)
Lib.Script.moveWater(Lib.Map._Water1, Vector3.new(0, 21, 0), 16, true)

wait(12)
Lib.Script.moveWater(Lib.Map._Water2, Vector3.new(0, 49, 0), 10, true)

everything could be useful. But hey, atleast it will be helpful for your journey.

4 Likes

Thank you! Will definitely take these into creating the map. :+1:

3 Likes

y o u l i t e r a l l y r e d r e w C A S T L E T I D E S

8 Likes

That’s an example bruh

2 Likes

ik that boomer

2 Likes

3 hours late

2 Likes

I just got home from school lol

3 Likes

Alright, does anyone else here have any? Any suggestions are still welcome to be posted! :smile:

2 Likes

With most hard maps, the flood is fast, but the jumps are simple. Just a difficulty example.

2 Likes

So pretty much something like Northern Cordillera or Sedimentary Temple in the Flood Escape game itself has a water/acid/lava speed that would be fitting for a hard map or be a great example for a hard map difficulty?

2 Likes