Planning on making a map

Hello fellow forum member!
I always have the thoughts to make a map but it always turned bad when I executed the idea. This time I have you all to support me during my journey! I may ask about map making questions frequently in this post, if you don’t want to answer then it’s fine.
For example, I might ask about:

• How is the map currently and what to improve about it?

• If I place this here, does it fits within the map?

And possibly I may request all of you to test my map and give feedback! For now I will be using @BigBoi’s slot since I always miss the whitelisting.

(Sorry for such English. I’m still learning.)

7 Likes

HOW is THIS man

3 Likes

Oh hey Big! I’ve heard you made several maps. So, should I start with Inside or Outside map first?

3 Likes

good question i suggest outside since its way easier imo

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

What do you guys think of this so far?

[With Fog]

[Without Fog]

2 Likes

I like it:^0

1 Like

Thanks! I’m trying my best on this one.

The progress so far:

(Without fog only because it’s too far to see.)

2 Likes

Whoa i like the terraining noice job:^0

1 Like

Thank you! I’m trying to think of gameplay and decorations currently, do you have any suggestions?

1 Like

Only thing i can think of is like purple leaved trees lol,
could u tell me the map name or the general theme, mayb id be able to give better suggestions xd

2 Likes

I got inspired by Lagoon but I wanted it to be purple and poisonous, aesthetic or something like that. The map name is “Problematic Purpler”.

Sorry for not mentioning but I aim for the map to be atleast Hard difficulty, it starts with acid.

2 Likes

Then i guess the general props like trees, grass and crates would be fineee but i think adding a unique structure/building wouldnt hurt either i guess? having a unique structure would sort of make the map less generic i guess if u get wat im trying to sayy:> Sorry im not really creative with these sorts of things lol

1 Like

Yeah, as you can see, there’s a small broken stonewall at the some point of the pictures. I was aiming for like abandoned poisonous place or something like that. I will try and build a stone structures like Jungle Inferno. Thanks for your suggestions!

1 Like

Judging from the pictures you all have witnessed, should I start placing fences? Or leave it as it should be?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Should the map’s color schemes from the pictures be changed?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

If so, please state in your reply about what color and why.

Thank you!

@Phexonia Sorry I have reached my limit of replying. But yes! I’m trying to make it look like lagoon, since many of my previous maps are indoor and most of them ended up with really poorly result. Although I still do not know how to make it look like an island, but I’m going to make it fit FE2 style as much as I can.

2 Likes

I really like the layout designs. It brings a nice smooth terrain looks and I really appreciate the look on the design. Although, I’m guessing the map theme is going to be like an island, right? :thinking:

3 Likes

I think the stone may be a bit too purple lol, but thats prob just my preference

1 Like

ight he requested me to type things out for him on discord since he reached his reply limit

he agrees that it might be too purple, what color should he change it to?

2 Likes

I dun rly think he needs to make it a diff color mayb just make it lighter slightly:>

2 Likes

he said he might make the map light blue or make it completely normal color, which do you prefer?

2 Likes