Quantcast

Where did you learn to script?

I find it very tiring to be staring at videos on YouTube for a long time. How do you guys learn how to script? I know a few basic things, but I want to expand my knowledge on Lua.

1 Like

Tbh I don’t know I have the same question not knowing what to do next/learn

1 Like

I learnt mostly everything I know from reading the roblox developer forums and looking at YouTube tutorials. Plus, some friends of mine have helped me as well.

2 Likes

I do self-learning (like looking at Dev Wiki and understanding what each part means) and from my parents

2 Likes

on my own, i learnt it from free models.

2 Likes

I learned it from free models and sometimes videos. I usually copied the scripts in free models and changed a variable or a bool.

2 Likes

In the early days of ROBLOX, I was forced to just look at a bunch of free models and learn from what I could read (I had 0 coding experience prior). So that’s where a majority of my skill came from. But nowadays we have the API reference page which lists basically every bit of scripting information you could ever really need (including some tutorials of its own). It really helps with those bits you’re unsure about or have never touched before.

3 Likes

I learned a lot from @Kriscross102RBLX.

1 Like